Things To Make You Look Great On Your Wedding Day
- Choose your dress well in advance. Your dress is one of the most important items in your wedding plans, so make sure you take enough time to choose one that suits you – not your best friend, not your bridesmaids, and not your mother. For the day of your wedding, you’ll want a dress in which you can stand, walk and dance in without worrying about “wardrobe malfunctions” or causing you discomfort. Allow necessary time if you decide on having the dress made, but even if bought “off the rack,” you’ll need to factor in time for tailoring and any adjustments. Choosing a comfortable wedding dress will make you look natural on the wedding day, it also helps the wedding photographers and photographers to capture more great moments. Imagine if the bride has always to worry if her wedding dress will fall, she will not have a natural or pleasant facial expression, and it will make your wedding photographers and photographers have a hard time doing their job to capture the “great” moments.
- Choose a classic hair style. You don’t want to overpower your dress and headpiece with a flamboyant hair style or color that overwhelms everything else. Keep it simple and classic, and remember to practice the look you want at home or with your stylist before the wedding day. When we recorded a wedding in summer 2011, a bride chose a hair style that her hair covers half of her face. This couple chose to do the outdoor photo/video session by the lake in downtown Toronto. As you can imagine, it is very windy by the lake, her hair flies everywhere…
- Fix your nails professionally. Have your nails professionally manicured the day before the wedding. This is one thing you don’t want to do too far in advance. Reduce the chances of a broken nail, chipped polish; or, if using applied nails, reduce the risk of having one coming off by having your manicure as late as possible. If you are not inclined toward colored polishes or long fingernails, simply make sure that they are neatly trimmed, filed, polished, and buffed. Your hands will be the focus of attention when showing off that new wedding ring and for photos and video.
- Enhance your beauty with makeup. Makeup is the last thing you’ll need to worry over. It is done on the big day itself but you should have a test run before this. Don’t try to transform yourself into a different person with dramatic eye makeup or garish lipstick. Simply make the real you look better! This is also going to help you look good on the wedding photos and videos.
- Use a slightly heavier hand than with your usual daytime makeup so that your photos won’t have you appearing washed-out looking, but don’t overdo it. And if your wedding is at night, with more subtle lighting, apply makeup as though you were going to a club or restaurant at night – a little heavier than daytime, but not too much! Avoid deep red lipstick as well as a too-pale pink. Frosted eye-shadows or lipsticks are definite no-nos. Taking your own photo with a digital camera or a camera phone is a good way to check your makeup before the wedding photos and videos.
- Also, if you have sensitive skin, this is not the time to try a new brand. The last thing you want to do is head for the altar with blotches or zits thanks to an allergic reaction.
5. Prepare in advance to feel your best
- The night before your wedding is not the time for partying, so get eight hours of restful sleep. If you’re having a rehearsal dinner, or a bachelorette bash, make sure that it ends early. Drink moderately or, better yet, not at all. Bloodshot eyes and a banging hangover will not make for a fun wedding.
- Don’t gorge yourself the night before because we all know that there are strange forces at work which will try to make your wedding gown just a wee bit snug in the morning. Let alone the fact that it isn’t so pleasant feeling bloated! To overcome excitement and nerves, try taking a long walk – it can help with pre-nuptial jitters. A relaxing bath with soothing background music, a cup of herbal tea, and you should be ready to doze off with images of a happy future marriage in your dreams.
6. Be yourself.
- It is absolutely normal to feel awkward when you are surrounded by the wedding photographers and photographers on the big day, especially for those who marry for the first time. Just try to think there is only your and your love when they are taking photos for you.
- Modern professional photographers and photographers do not take lots of photo when they say “one, two, three, cheese”, instead, like our photographers and photographers, they capture the most natural moment by giving the couple some creative directions and then follow the flow to capture the great moments.